View Single Post
Old 09-28-2020, 08:56 AM
Craftsman

jerry56 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Bruder Delta loader conversion

I thought I had pictures of the pins in place but I don't...I used coat hanger for my pins it's about 1.9mm and easy to cut. I drilled the holes at 1.7mm so it as a snug fit then super glued the the back side to hold them in place then I mixed some clear epoxy I got at Hobby Lobby and poured the back almost full. Now I have a solid wheel. that pretty much finishes up the drives for now I did a quick function test to make sure the motors work and that my mix in the radio did what I hoped and everything seems to be ok, For the mix I mixed channel 1 and 2. In mix 1 I made channel 1 the master and channel 2 the slave and made the values 100%, for mix 2 I made channel 2 the master and made the values -100%, neither had any offset... it works... . I'm using the cheap $8 10a ESCs I combined the battery leads and the switch so essentially I have a poor mans dual ESC. these are small enough to slip underneath the battery at the bottom of the loader which is good cause space is limited...
Next I worked on my lift servo I used a HiTecD954sw https://www.servocity.com/d954sw-servo/?sku=36954S00
I think this was the single most expensive piece of this build....I also got a DPC 11 servo programmer https://www.servocity.com/dpc-11-servo-programmer/ so I could maximize the servo, plus I'll need it for the bucket curl.
Since I don't have a 3D printer I made my rear servo mount out of red Oak...hey it was the strongest thing I had and is pretty easy to work with. Here it is from the bottom

I drilled a hole thru the back to hold it in place.. and a view from the top

For the other side of the servo I cut a piece of 1in square tubing to fit between the servo ears and the side of the loader then split it so I ended up with a "C" shapped piece then I tapped it for the servo and to mount it to the side of the loader... I tapped it so I didn't have to fiddle with nuts on the inside of this thing.. The servo is mounted now the scary part is figuring out what to cut away and figure out how I'm going to make the boom go up and down.....