View Single Post
Old 11-23-2015, 11:27 PM
Apprentice

Rakthi is on a distinguished road
Default Re: ScaleART - Assembling a MAN TGX/XL 6x6 tractor & Trailer

Test fitted the servo box from a MAN 8x8 truck. It is only held on with one screw at the moment.

Will need to enlarge one hole sideways (arrow) and drill another one below that to get the 4 screws in to hold it securely in place.

One of the attachment points of the servo needs to be removed. As you can see in this picture one support is a bit longer than the other so it is already adjusted for the narrowing of the frame towards the rear.

To hold the servo stable with only one attachment point, a clamp bar is provided that clicks into one of the slots provided on the side and is screwed down on the other side.

The Hitec servo is just a bit too big to be able to use the clamp bar as intended. Don't really know if I can safely shave of a mm or so from the housing on the servo. I will dig out the one I burned on the AROCS and see.

So now have to find the time to enlarge the holes in the frame and sort out fitment of the servo so that I can take care of the bowden cables or the rear axles.

(I seemed to have gotten a scratch (bleu line on the right) on the lens too or else a cat hair has found its way into the camera housing)