Thread: Ferrara Tanker
View Single Post
Old 09-17-2020, 09:51 AM

Tgrzes is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Seagrave Tanker

I have some ideas for the fittings. I have several of these brass faucet valves in the scrap bin that have 3/8” compression fittings. Most barbed fittings for tubing have a tapered pipe thread. The compression fittings have a regular 9/16-24 thread which should make it easier for me to modify the length for a more scaled look and fit rubber washers for a good seal. For the steamer blind caps, I’ll try soldering a plug to close the hole in the nut, then turn it round on the lathe and add some lugs. For the female hose fittings, I’ll solder a barb fitting. I also ordered a 9/16-24 die so I can either make the male ends from bar stock or cut the male thread off the valve body and solder a barb fitting to it. At least that’s the plan for now.

The last couple of weeks I spent a lot of time playing around with battery placement, motor/trans location, tilt cab hinge and new floor design all while keeping the cab interior somewhat to scale. I think I finally have a plan to move forward, so hopefully I can start posting some pics soon.