View Single Post
Old 04-19-2021, 02:43 AM

dremu is on a distinguished road
Default Re: OpenRC tractor, 1:10, JD remix of Ebro 160D

Quote:
Originally Posted by frizzen View Post
Neat looking little tractor!

Tractors are great for being "too cramped" in there. Would your radio allow for slaving the 3 point servos together on seperate channels with a 100% +/- offsets to do away with the reverser & y harness? Possibly with a normal/sport type of setting to allow switching between Lift mode and Rotate mode?

Great fit into the conex, that looks secure without much need for straps.

I'd kinda like to see those yellow fender lights do a slow flash, so you can tie up traffic on the way to a field in the dark
The TX might allow that; I dislike flying RC things as my experience with them was that they rapidly became crashing RC things. =)) Point being that there's a lot of options in there I haven't explored. The one problem is that I don't think I have any extra channels, without going to a 10-channel RX, which is physically larger. And the servo reverser is tiny, so it's mostly me whining

Anyway, the reverser does fit down there, I think it ended up between the seat and the steering wheel, inside the body, but it's fiddly. Would be better if I shortened some of those wires, too. Did I mention crappy wire management?

It is tempting to do an Arduino for lighting and whatnot. They're not large on their own (the one I'd use here is like 18x32mm), though putting a little enclosure around it to keep it from shorting on anything makes it a bit bigger. Just makes it more complicated, and as you might guess I'm nervous about projects snowballing.

Suppose I could put self-blinking LED's in the rear, but they sell the 5mm's by the bag of 100, so I had a lot of the regular ones left over :O