View Single Post
Old 05-29-2020, 05:00 PM
Green Horn

Wombii is on a distinguished road
Default Re: I think I need a bec!

Definitely not a bad idea to go with a good separate BEC, but I'm curious why you're getting that failure mode. I'd expect it on a nitro car, but not modern electric ESCs. Have you tried forcing / replicating the fault?

I feel safer knowing how my gear behave when it fails, so I confirmed my truck's ESCs (quickrun 1060wp) immediately stop when they stop receiving pulses from the receiver. It's fun to try running the motors while pulling the battery from the transmitter to check failsafe settings and pulling the red supply wire from the receiver and/or pulling the signal wire between ESC and receiver to see what the ESC does.

If the same fault happens when you pull the receiver power wire, you know it's a BEC or connector issue, and if it's different, you probably have a radio issue.

I also see you have 3 ESCs, and if all 3 have internal BECs, there may be room to experiment with having them supply different parts (rx, servo, lights), but a separate 10 amp BEC is probably safer and better.