View Single Post
Old 11-30-2018, 01:01 AM

igotit is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Bruder D5 1 day build

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeeter View Post
I LOVE them Bruder mods! I have done 5 successfully, & a couple of failed attempts!
The fail for me was the delta loader. I DID manage to get a skidsteer successfully converted. the others are the D5, the Bruder Mack dump truck, the tracked loader X2 mine & one for a friend, the L574 loader (NOT so successful...................but it did function, as well as the Bruder D10. The 10 I sold to a friend of mine for cheap. I couldn't get a reliable drive system that make er move. I fried several gear motors, as well as servos in er before i gave up. He put a HengLOng tank transmission & motor in it. That thing seems to work well now, but isn't heavy enough to push much. After he ads more weight to er, he may have a good lil machine.

I may have gotten a bad box. I gave 2 of them transmissions away after the first catastrophic failure I experienced.

I look forward to seeing your builds as they progress.
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeeter View Post
I've found that I get 8-12 hours of runtime on a set of Bruder tracks. Either on the D5, or the Bruder tracked loader, before they are so stretched that I have to replace them due to slippage.
i just got a order in for the tracked loader,$460 deep in cost between the controller,tx,gear boxes,linear actuators...ect.hopefully that one goes smooth.
i tested a longer teeth d5 set today,every other tooth has to stay the same length as your buddy designed.....but even on loose track that are stretched rarely ever slips,stalls the motor instead when it gets in a bind.
once i tweak it ill get you that stl.you need it with hubs for tamiya gearbox or something else?

on the delta loader,i just installed 2 16mm gear motors in mine to save room over the tamiya gearbox route.im verry happy with speed and power.....plus $8 shipped for both gearmotors hard to beat.
ill get a pic of that tomorrow,top end still in peices and need work.