View Single Post
Old 12-23-2016, 04:55 AM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation
Default Re: Is this hobby dying in the US?

I've seen a lot of ppl come & go over the yrs... there's just a handful that date back as far I do when this community originated on Yahoo forums in 2001... Tamiya Cowboy, Stuff, Radio Control Trucker to name a few that come to mind.

I was thinking this Spring that I haven't seen Espeefan post in a long time, sent him a PM, which it was summer before he replied to say he'd been married now for a nearly a yr & they were expecting twins this October I freaking knew it!

Something that seems to be a bit of a pattern, any of the high talent builders of past that have graced this forum with their abilities & cranked out a lot of trks in a few short yrs, they usually burn out & move on to something else, never to be seen again. For many others, one build of trk & trl is enough, and then not having anyone nearby to run with... they're gone not long after too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gismow View Post
the reason for less actions here in the forum is how it is used, each posting costs a lot of time. Uploading pictures, writing texts, but if no response is coming or replies having one icons or 2-3 words in Facebook style, than I start to think about if my time I'm investing is good invested time.
I would agree that could be a biggie right there for the downturn in new build threads or recent updates to ongoing builds... as for myself, I see by the views with each post I make & I am content with that that ppl are interested in seeing what I am doing.

This forum is presently self sufficient, the lil bit we charge Vendors to sell their wares on here & the one minor ad banner at the top pays the bill... I haven't a clue what costs are involved for data storage ...other forums I've viewed that allow photos loaded directly are just plastered with ads with every page view & that sometimes (for me anyway with a 2 - 3mb/sec wireless connection) can be very timely to download, especially if any pages have video ads too. I sure don't want that to happen here. It's very rare I ever have trouble uploading to photobucket, maybe the difference is I use a laptop

Joe