View Single Post
Old 12-23-2016, 08:37 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

SmallHaul will become famous soon enoughSmallHaul will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Is this hobby dying in the US?

I agree with the comments that in general the younger generation doesn't have that much interest in physical/mechanical toys or entertainment.

The majority of my customer base are retired people. I talk with all of them and they wish they had people to operate machines with but, they have no interest in posting on an internet forum and a lot of them only use computers for watching youtube videos which is how they find me.

Also, operating rc construction equipment is a calm & relaxing hobby that seems boring to many people. The guys that come over to my house to run equipment every weekend call it their "therapy session" for the week.

I also have a group of friends that race 1/32 scale slotcars and also have many rc cars and although they are amazed with the rc construction equipment they get bored with it in about 1 hour.

So, i don't think that the people who really enjoy the rc construction hobby have any interest in forums which is a shame because it is a good way to connect with people.

"No load is too Small"