View Single Post
Old 09-08-2021, 03:20 PM
Green Horn

ddmckee54 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 1:10ish Reach Stacker for "conex" cargo containers

dremu:

Couple of questions for you:

1 - What sensor did you use for the pitch and roll detection? I've got an idea rattling around in my head that I can use an Arduino to auto-level a Manitou 2150 crane project that I've been working on, and possibly on another crane project that's in the future work queue. I've never done anything like auto-leveling before, any suggestions where to look for some example code?

2 - You've got your guide rods fixed in the center of the grabber and the bearings on the movable outer ends. Did you try it the other way around, and let the guide rods move with the outer ends? Linear bearings for 3D printers are dirt cheap - about $0.50 apiece for REALLY cheap ones and about a buck apiece for better quality. You could get sc8luu 40mm-ish long bearing blocks and only have to have one set on each side of the grabber. A decent sc8luu bearing block is about $10 each. That would allow you to take a several inches off the guide rods for each side. It looks like you could wind up with a unit that probably wouldn't be much wider than your smallest container.

Don