View Single Post
Old 10-04-2016, 12:34 AM
Journeyman

tracksntreadslou is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Logging & Construction Equipment

thanks for all you comments gents ..im on a roll now and having a hard time taking time out to post and take more pics ...spending alot of time on the cad as well

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldguy70 View Post
Looking good I built a twin engine Euclid scraper years ago, it was fun. Already asked did you buy the hydraulic pump or build it. I'm building my own pumps but having problems with driving motors present ones I use are 24 vdc gives me problems when trying to fit everything. Could you tell me what motor your pump uses as I am doing my 5th model a D11 and have a room problem

Thanks
Earl
I think i remember you posting some pics some where Earl .would like to see more tho .sorry taking so long to respond ..I am going with a Jung pump .. the one that Magoom has on there website..its a little overkill for the Pan but it is a very reliable pump ..not too badly priced either ..see if i can com up with a link for you if you would like ..this one has an integrated tank ..i bought the pump with prv and using my own motor
http://www.magomhrc.com/en/hydraulic...ess-motor.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rvjimd View Post
This will be REALLY COOL to see it moving dirt!

Looks like you are using a CNC mill? What mill, did you do your own conversion ?

About the bottom of the pan, looks like a spiral in with an end mill? Would that have been better with fewer straight passes and a fly cutter or face mill, or is this a function due to the CNC operation? Please know I am NOT a machinist, just trying to add to my limited hobby skill set.

As someone else earlier in the thread stated, PLEASE finish this. It looks great now and will be fantastic with some dirt on it!

Jim
Hey Jim ...I am using a small Taig 6 inch y travel and 12 inch x travel .Most of everything was put together ..I still had to install the limit switches and set up the machine ..some days were pretty frustrating but have a good handle on it now .the spindle motor was not quite cutting it .. no pun intended ..lol so i found a Delta bench grinder motor thats has more balls ..working well for what I need to do with it ..
The spiral in the bowl bed was done with a program option ..just set it up and walk away ..probably take less time with a bigger bit bit my collets are quite small