Thread: Hello, all
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2021, 11:33 PM

Wheat47 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Hello, all

Hi, LG. Where abouts are you in SK? Yes, was born and raised on a farm near Sidney, Mt.
Worked for a few implement dealers in the Bllgs area, but of all things, I retired from being a railroad mechanic. My wife accused me of going to work to "play train for real!!" Probably more truth to that than I care to admit to!!
We have about 10 acres that I make hay on and sell to the horsey people. As I said, a pretend farmer that provides amusement for all the farm neighbors!!
I'm pretty well into a couple of antique tractor clubs, one of which is Chapter #40 of the IHC club. (International Harvest Collectors). We even held an IHC club show at our place the last couple years. The other club is in Huntley, MT. I always take some of my mini steamers to that show plus I run the antique machine shop during the show. Not many models show up there, but a few from time to time.
Several years ago, I went to the Estevan Model Engineers show. That really inspired me to do more modeling. As I age, sometime down to road I'm gonna have to give up my "big" toys. So that is what has prompted me to get more into the R/C things.
Thanks for the hint about servocity. I must have a dozen notebooks around her that are filled with plans for mini steam engines and accessories plus plans for cranes I've found online. Now to get to work on them!!!
Take care and keep in touch!!