View Single Post
Old 12-04-2021, 12:02 AM

Wheat47 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Hello, all

Hello, frizzen.
Thanks for the reply.
I would like to build a crawler crane.
Look up: http://john-tom.com/CrawlerCrane/Lat...e.html#RCCrane
That is one I'm considering, as it seems to be a fairly simple "beginning" project.
I have a Nylint Michigan clamshell truck crane from when I was a kid. It must be 65 years old and still in good shape. I've seen those Doepke Unit cranes, too. Both would be good R/C projects, but for when I get MUCH more proficient!! I plan on going to a toy show in Great Falls, MT in January (if they have it!!) and I'm gonna keep my eye out for one of those Doepke's.
I agree, both the scratch-built and remodel things are fine work. I've also attended a Model Engineer's show in Rapid City, SD 2-3 times. Those guys do not make machinery, they make jewelry!!!
Some years ago, I purchased the plans for a larger crawler crane from a guy in Washington state (I think). At that time there were not the good R/C things that we have today. The crane that guy that built was so good, some company bought it to use to teach new operators how to run them!!! BUT after a couple moves, I've misplaced those plans. I know I didn't toss them, but where the heck did I put them!?!?!?!?!
After more studying, when I learn how, I'll post some pic's of the engines I have.
Thanks for the reply, keep in touch!!!