View Single Post
Old 07-08-2020, 06:30 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

frizzen is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Barber-Greene Tracked Bucket Elevator - 1946

On another board, i've got some guys trying to convince me it should become even cooler.

Here's what's going on under the machine

The track wheels currently ride on solid rivets. So it'd need an axle adapter thing to attach a bobbin looking wheel to a short gearmotor. Probably need some bushings or sealed bearings. Then mount gearmotor to the track frame. The wheels need drive lugs that span the faces and flush with OD.

This machine weighs close to 10 pounds (4 kg?) only moving at very slow speed, so maybe the smooth steel track pads have enough grip? If not, it's going to need grousers or pins or something added. Not sure if it could crowd the auger into a loose material without spinning, or maybe that would act an overload clutch?

It should be possible to power the tracks on one of these, but it'll probably take more tooling than i've got right now. Hopefully most of the stock parts could work, otherwise you're going to have to change to a chain setup with track pads on like the SmallHaul doepke 'Unit Cable Hoe' conviersion. Or maybe theres a tank that could be a good donor?

Another issue is i'd then have to put a it on atleast a 3 ch radio, either programable with 3 escs, or need like a servonaut tankboard.