View Single Post
Old 09-03-2021, 03:35 PM
Green Horn

Zabco is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Bruder Piggyback Forklift

Quote:
Originally Posted by dremu View Post

One thought on the fork tines drooping. I'd originally designed mine at maybe 100mm, which held fine, but didn't reach across the trailer. I then arbitrarily stretched them out to like 150mm. That let me drop a pallet onto the trailer, but deflected something fierce in doing so. I ended up doing a notch down the length and gluing brass rod in there

May or may not be applicable to your setup as mine's 100% 3D printed, and I think a bit bigger (== easier to fiddle with), but since you have the mill you might be able to route a channel down the bottom and fit some reinforcement in.

Finally, did the taillights come with the Bruder, and are they stickers or like translucent lenses or something?

-- A
Good idea, I think I will have to give that a try. Had kicked around the idea of just milling some out of aluminum but your way would be easier. The tail lights are just stickers. I did make the amber beacon on top of the ROPs a flasher but that is all as it didn't need any kind of controller. Would really be nice to have working lights but I don't know how.