View Single Post
Old 09-19-2019, 12:41 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

frizzen is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 1950s FWD fire engine

Thank you!

We took it up to the Lebanon '50s Fest' meet, and overall it performed pretty well.
The soft crawler tires on front need the beads glued. The siren sounds great in the house, is marginal in my driveway, and doesn't have enough *** for a rabbit barn full of sound modules and conversations.

High gear has good speed and enough torque for the city. The suspension with bruder figures on the back is great, taking the bridge transitions fast definately bounces the rear step nicely. (Keep your knees bent!) No complaints from driver or the dalmation.

There's a foamboard house with couple switches on the back (battery operated JackoLantern LED tealights) wonder what that's about...

Sometime after dark we got toned out on a run for a single family dwelling, involved with no fire showing.
Left the station, drove through the layout, under the barrier, down the drive.
Catch a hydrant, find out some probie packed the hose bed wrong as it dumped the load before reaching the house, restage the hoses, dress the A side of house...

I picked up some taillight housings from TrueScale. I still haven't figured out the rest of the light buckets though.

Last edited by frizzen; 09-19-2019 at 04:21 AM.