View Single Post
Old 03-28-2013, 12:16 AM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation
Default Re: Hauling Dirt out of my basement (present day)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azonic View Post
Whooha! Thats a lot of dirt to get out yes! Plenty of buckets and loads! Would be nice to help you out with the 470!
No no no, I run the hoe, you just show up with a dump trk & I'll keep you busy.

Most of that pile is from last winter, knocking down over 7cy from the wall, might have gotten out maybe 2cy last summer (tore out & rebuilt 3 miles of barb wire fence last summer, didn't have much ambition at the end of day for dirt hauling)... probably added more than cube this winter to it from the floor dig & other stuff.

Yeah, it's too bad for me there aint no interest nearby for contract trkers... much like 1:life size, I kinda hate trucking, unless it's really short distance hauling... gonna be alot of trips up the stairs to look out the kitchen window for a 3D view to jack knife the pup each load... although the exercise will no doubt shrink the middle of me that showed up after I sold my cow herd last yr.

I don't think there'd be room enough for more than 3 trks with the single lane way, which shouldn't be too much wait time between loads, 1 is loading, 1 is going out or in & 1 is dumping.

The 963 is working great Ben, just how I want it to now. ...although I don't like those Scale Art tracks with its large holes in the middle of them. They're great to let the dirt out of the track link, but also let in alot of dirt too, which seems to jam up behind & on top of the front idler wheel, it's always squeaking/squeeling travelling in reverse & seems to be quite a bit of resistance at times too.

Also, I think all the track link pins are made from brass & every one of them is bent slightly, which causes binding/stalling issues with the sprockets/drive motors occassionally... gotta replace them all with steel pins.

Joe