View Single Post
Old 05-19-2013, 02:42 AM
Green Horn

YoungGunz is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Pete 379 Flat Top 48"

Well, it looks like I have to bring this thread back up....

Well as some of you know, my basement was flooded with about 3 feet of water two days before the Kansas show. I think we got about 20 inches of rain in 24 hours and the water had no where to go, except in. Just about everyone had some sort of flooding..... Along with all my tools floating across the basement, so were my models..... At that point I didn't care if I got shocked, I went wading into the mess and got all the high dollar stuff out of the water and put it in rice and kitty litter. Thankfully my 3D printer and my book of plans didn't get wet. Unfortunately, just about everything else got wet.... I'm still kicking my self for not bringing everything upstairs since I was leaving for the show the next day..... Someone must have been looking out for me, I only really lost my camera, everything else has worked so far Here are some pictures of the havoc...

From where the water is on the steps there was another two steps below that.

I've spent the past few weeks trying to clean up the mess and Ive also been building a new work bench. I think I tripled the work area so I will definitely benefit from that. I was able to get back to building this weekend now that I have things back under control... I thought I would do a few things to the truck and dump trailer since I had it torn apart, so I have some things on order and have a couple things planned.

Here is the new work bench. The original work bench was only 7 ft long

Here is the truck, in pieces... I opened up all the mechanical parts and cleaned and re-greased them. Now I'm just waiting on parts to arrive to begin rebuilding.

Then the last update is on the trailer. I always thought the original "air ride" was a little sketchy so I replaced it. I also cleaned and painted the ScaleArt cylinder.

Here is the original trailer suspension. I didn't really trust them with 30+ pounds of dirt on them....

And lastly the cylinder

Thanks guys for looking! Hopefully I can finish this truck for good, third times the charm, right?