View Single Post
Old 12-19-2015, 05:32 PM
Wannabe

Azonic will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Azonic Hitachi 470/Bell B50D

Well, winter is here, more time for hobby stuff for me, always fun!

I have modified the undercarrige a little on the 470, its a few things that have bugged me since the first time I used it outside.
Its the holes under the top rollers, where all kind of debris gets in, and its not the place where you want sand, small rocks and stuff like that becuse thats where the drivemotor is and also the track tension mechanism, debris also gets down onto the lower rollers that way and locks them up sometimes.

And I have to take this apart quite often to get rid of all the dirt that builds up in there to make everything running smoothly.

So I started to make a sketch in Solidworks on how I could make it work, found a pretty good solution I think.

Started to cut up the steelplate with the holes in it, removing 5mm from the outer plate to get an angle on the new topplate so that dirt rather falls off the undercarrige then just load up.

Got the new steel from my laser cut man and started to spot weld everything together today, turned out pretty good I think, its more to scale and should keep dirt out of moving parts!

Here is some pics of the progress...

Here you can see the square holes im talking about.

Here is with the new parts mounted.