View Single Post
Old 10-24-2021, 04:36 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

frizzen is on a distinguished road
Default Re: VW bay-window transporter

I haven't done much with the Green bus for a while, but it still seemed like something was missing...

A while back i picked up a model harley-davidson Servi-car that might show up eventually if i get back to working on a gas station, but i really wasn't feeling the extra rack of lights it had.

Looks pretty close to the right scale for the Hella sealed beam foglights, helps keep your eyes moving away from the bodyscrew thing bump in the bumper. I even ran some tiny wires coming between bumper and lights. But is that alone enough reason?

Anyway, i stole some lights off a thing, chopped at them, hit them with micro drillbits, threw some surface mount warm LEDs, hotglue, and repainted with molotow chrome since actual Harley chrome was too thin and let light pass through.

--
Then i also had gotten back to some work on the 'Allstate' wooden trailer. Dollhouse hinges suck to install even more than making chain hasps!

I was going to add the Allstate 'Station Wagon' sideboards to it using some jewelry spacer things, but can't find the rest of the plywood i built it from?

Last edited by frizzen; 10-27-2021 at 01:49 PM.