Thread: RC Benchy
View Single Post
Old 04-15-2022, 11:17 AM
Green Horn

ddmckee54 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: RC Benchy

Frizzen:

Actually since I work where Cap'n Crunch is made, it was STRONGLY hinted that the Cap'n should BE the captain of Benchy. I saw that version of the Cap'n, unfortunately I don't have the software or the talent to sculpt the rest of him. I couldn't find any usable STL files of the Cap'n. One of the engineers that retired from here collects Cap'n Crunch memorabilia. He's going to look and see if he's got anything usable that he can scan for me - no luck so far.

I did find the STL files for Mario though. His left hand almost looks like he's going to pull the chain for the horn - at least that's my story and I'm sticking to it. With a little surgery I think I can get his right hand to look like it's on the wheel, or at least spinning the wheel.

I'm halfway thinking about turning the CWIS into a squirt-gun in the future. I may also need to add another CWIS for the aft half of the boat. The damned seagulls have found out that they can crap all over the aft turret, and Fire-Control can't do anything about it. (Stupid radome. Besides, I've got 3 seagull figurines coming and I only need 1 for the forward turret.)

Don