View Single Post
Old 12-21-2020, 08:44 AM

tessen is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Liebherr R984 1:14

the result

and once primed

we go with the pieces that join the platform to the oil tank - upper structureTambién parto de unas piezas fresadas en latón

These pieces are screwed to a 3D printed piece that complements the tank and this printed piece, in turn, is screwed to the tank itself, the platform will later also be screwed to these brass pieces

oil tank with 3D dressing and tank-structure union parts <-> cabin platform

With this, I would already have the cabin platform attached to the structure, but I also have to join the walkways to the structure, I do that with these pieces, which are screwed from the bottom to the upper structure and to those that will be screwed later. the catwalks

more pieces milled in brass

and once cut and painted

I can now install the walkways in their position

the next step the cabin. This is a piece that carries its complexity and it has taken me more time than I thought and also I have not solved it as I would like ... but hey, my initial idea was to make this piece all of it in metal, the easiest thing for me was to manufacture it with the technique of microfusion (lost wax casting) I have already taught pieces made in this way before, I make a master piece, which I then bury in a special "plaster", heat everything until the piece disappears and then fill the gap that remains with metal

I print the pieces in 3D divided into 4 parts, since they are very large pieces and the cylinders do not fit in any other way