View Single Post
Old 09-24-2017, 09:37 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

skeeter is on a distinguished road
Default Re: testing 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, IDK

~original

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobotArms24 View Post
I had last week off from work for a staycation, so I had some time to work on this finally. It is about 90% done now, needs a couple touch ups and some paint. Here is what I have done now:

I modified the transmitter and took out the spring mechanism on the one stick.

I modified the bucket curl servo to get more travel. It runs about 160 degrees now. I soldered in two 2.2k resistors, one on each side of the potentiometer. I also moved the wire to the side of the case.

Video of servo travel. You can see where I marked the cardboard stock and the new travel.
https://youtu.be/ZPzTH3JKpzY

I was able to keep the engine cover by mounting the servo low, and cutting it out for the servo arm and linkage.

I mounted the lift arm servo to the model with 1/4" aluminum blocks, they are drilled and tapped to mount to the servo, and on the side to mount to the model.

The bucket servo is mounted with SteinHDan's 3d printed mount I ordered from ShapeWays. I modified a small servo arm to fit on the bucket mount, then drill and tapped the arm for a 4-40 screw. I drilled the pivot point for the bucket so I could screw an m3 screw into the servo gear.

I mounted the receiver under the cab and had to cut out a bit of the seat to get it to fit.

The BEC is mounted behind the cab in the main compartment above the motors.

I had a hard time finding a battery that would fit because I mounted the servo pretty low. I ended up with 2 x 450mah 2-cell li-po batteries, wired in parrallel.

How it sits now, almost done.

Video of it running:
https://youtu.be/Ye79_dS8ZME

It seems to be very stable, I don't think I will have to worry bout it tipping.

I may try to get a little bit more travel out of the lift servo, I feel like it is not lifting all the way up.

Thanks for looking.
-Kyle