View Single Post
Old 05-11-2019, 09:00 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

frizzen is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 1972 AMC Matador - Police

The whole time i've had the car, I'd been bummed about the ruined white paint, but i found out Iso-alcohol got the old gas schmoo cleaned off pretty easily.

So in celebration, it got chromed wiper arms. Then since the best looking cop car wheel setup for a Black&White is and has always been black steelies with dogbowls/babymoons and beauty rings, i added the set of chrome rings.

I knocked together a rear 'strut-tower brace', which is more of a rear body support and package tray visible through the back window. I'm probably going to punch the on/off switch up through it, if i can find some kind of 'cop junk' like a hat or gun to make into a switch hider. It's not a cage car, so i'm not worried about the detained getting a hold of stuff.

Yes i know the 1-Adam-12 Matador didn't run beauty rings on the steelies. They also ran the black 727 can lights so it didn't reflect cameras, and didn't have LED lighting. My car.

---
I shared this car over on the 'Cox engine forum' since it started life as a Cox product. Somebody liked the bus, so here's many VWs.

I'd finally ordered some sirens from Evan Designs. I'm happy to be able to know for sure the "9v" option works great off a 7.2 stick pack. I then put it on 4.5 - 6v rx voltage, works great! It will still take an RX Switch and a Servo to run the Police siren fully remote.

It has a momentary button to toggle sirens, Adam 12 can use the siren in mode 2 or 4. All the sounds in sequence (1) and phaser (3) just don't fit early 70s american cops.
A 'Police siren' will also be getting installed in the Econoline Ambulance, all sounds will work without it being too weird for that vehicle.

Evan Design
https://youtu.be/E_1qG0Ryx5Q
I'm calling it close enough to a Federal Signal PA20A.
https://youtu.be/UA4diGS8BXY

I also got their Fire Siren for my dads FWD fire engine, it's a great Federal Q that winds up nicely but doesn't really free-roll down, (so i think it's a Federal QE) Also they're a little heavy on the Grover airhorns, but they atleast use them well instead of the stupid 'fuhfuhfuhfuhfuh' junk that my local dept seems to like doing. Guess i'm going to be really pushy on the way to the scene. I'll definately need one for my American LaFrance project later, probably with the bigger speakers. Screaming Q!!!

Last edited by frizzen; 02-17-2020 at 04:30 AM. Reason: Noise noise noise.