View Single Post
Old 10-10-2014, 11:17 PM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation
Default Re: Something new to rc

DONE!!!

..but not without another two trips to town again today for various parts on the header. The air temp dropped about 10 degrees the past two days over the two previous & made the flax straw difficult to cut...

Overall this crop yr was kind of a dismal one b/c of excessive rainfall in June with very little sunshine, drowned & thinned a lot of crop in its infancy, then excessive rains throughout later August & September bit into crop quality with staining, sprouts... I'll pretty sure I'm still in the black for the yr, but not by much...

Never did have to use that tractor/pup, thank goodness, I think it would have really slowed down production!

Go out on Monday with the combine to do a little mowing... remove the clean grain & return doors, close off the sieves to mow off several weedy patches I had to cut around in the mustard... the mustard is really sensitive to moisture, dry is under 9%... green seeds from kochia & pig weed could cause hot spots in the bin & spoil the whole the bin in short order if left unchecked. I have temperature cables in the bin that I can plug in with a monitor outside to check for any such hotspots after I turn the fan off. I'll be checking all my bins weekly till xmas.

Joe