View Single Post
Old 06-26-2011, 07:28 AM
Apprentice

D8R is on a distinguished road
Default Re: D8R +463 in 1/5,6

The model builder season is over but can´t stop adding more parts to the model. Guess it´s all those nice comments that makes me going, thanks all of you! Had mid summer holiday this weekend with and extra day off, and what better way than spending that producing all windows for the model.
I used a Polycarbonate sheet 1mm thick, manufactor is BAYER but there will be other local brands. I plan to use the H-shaped rubber gasket sold by Knupfershop.de , Will use the smaller one since my thickness of window and steel in cab is 1mm, the width of gasket is 2,5mm (could have been a little more).

here´s a step by step

I have all parts for cab in computer (CAD) so I change those parts so be windows instead, adding room for a H-shaped rubber gasket. I printeded the part and used it as template for the window. If not having CAD, make a drawing from cutted opening with a pencil with same width as H-rubber need.

Next I cutted the plastic sheet to size using my shearer, sanding edges smoth and shaping the corners.

Checking size in cab openings, adjusting corners....

and finaly a window with perfect fit. Don´t have the gasket yet so can´t show window mounted.

thanks for looking!
Dan