View Single Post
Old 11-25-2011, 12:15 PM
Apprentice

D8R is on a distinguished road
Default Re: D8R +463 in 1/5,6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Espeefan View Post
Excellent updates! Ypu've made leaps and bounds, since I last checked your thread. Your shop is incredible, for a basement shop. Carpeted floor and all! How do you keep it so clean, especially when you are milling? Don't the chips tend to fly everywhere? I saw a blue tarp in one of the photos. Do you collect chips or contain them with that?

Have a industrial vaccum cleaner that can handle everything. No that blue tarp has only been used to cover the small lathe from dust, this is not so often used since I got the big one.

The big old Cat is huge! It fills that entire lift table up, and until your photo with your hand in it, I really couldn't grasp the true size of this machine. I knew it was big, but wow, what a beast! Are you going to drive it out of the basement, under it's own power? Obviously you got it out once, for display, along side the Cat wheel loader. Kind of curious if you have a walk out basement, an elevator, or a winch with a rolling table of some kind!
No It can not be drive out by itself, it would wreck the wooden floor in enterance hall. I use this lifttable to roll the machine outside. Have a 2 step to come outside but it´s ok with ramps. The blade has to be removed, door opening is not wide enough.

Thanks Tim, I can't wait either but there´s still parts missing

Quote:
Originally Posted by crawler07 View Post
your work is amazing to say the least, Also to stay focused after 9+ years is astonishing their is very few people who could stay with a project for so long..Congrats on an outstanding job Sir,,
Have hade some dips before , but forums like this one and comments from you all, makes me try harder! And I have to stay on one project, it´s to easy starting another one, have some new in mind but they have to wait. Thanks for the support
Dan