View Single Post
Old 01-02-2012, 11:51 AM
Apprentice

D8R is on a distinguished road
Default Re: D8R +463 in 1/5,6

Thanks for asking Steve, but it does not look so good.
Have not done much at the model lately, had no inspiration. Was at the german show, bought some Knupfer rubber gasket for windows (H shaped), discovered home that they can´t be mounted in cab I have today (this is the 2nd done), thickness of walls (and windows, yes have to make new ones) has to be 1,5mm instead of 1mm .
I will most likely add 0,5mm styrene sheet inside cab and have new doors cut out in right tickness.

Next issue is lacking enough information on how inside cab looks. I have lots of photos and messurements taken but it was not enough. As said before, it´s importent to stick to ONE model, I started doing a D8N, changed later to D8R and have had my friend´s D8R serie II for most reference.

You can´t get to much info, I always use a paper or styrene mock up to check it out

I have a spare part book for D8N but when it comes to details it doesn´t work. I would never do another contemperary model without accurate book, it makes it so easier. Now has my friend also changed to D8T, and that´s a complete different model when it comes to cab. The old one was sold 800miles north so that´s not available for reference anymore.

That´s the bad part, the good thing is that in the last days inspiration is coming back, trying to get inside of cab done within a week or two, so I can focus on finishing the drive line with drive spockets and gear reduction in hubs.

But, I don´t think model will be running at time of show (had to be shipped min 4-6 weeks before). I will still try to attend to show but only to watch all your models.

Photo´s will come on cab progress later!

Dan