View Single Post
Old 09-10-2010, 02:53 PM
Apprentice

D8R is on a distinguished road
Default Re: D8R +463 in 1/5,6

Thanks guys, the weight now is 410lbs on D8 (that´s dry, just oil will add another 30lbs. The 463 is about 230lbs and designed for a load of +220lbs.

The D8 will have (if I have calculated right) a pull of 620lbs so if should be possible to do the same work as the big one.
Still has some 100hours beforeit can be started, needs inside oiltank, connections, servo installation, muffler...........

My location is just south of Stockholm, Sweden. i´m lucky because a friend has a set up of D8R (series2) with a hydraulic converted 463.
I have been at machine show in Brownsville 2 times, seen your fantastic work, unfortunatly have not got the possibility to meet you, if I make it a 3 rd time I will sit by the model until we meet.

The hydraulic system and it´s components are set now, got some fine small quick disconectors from Rectus, they have a dia of 10mm (3/8") and they are closing both ways.

The model will be radio control, now looking at Futaba 7 channel or a Robbe 16 channel.
From earlier discussion with you Joe, since I have 2valves that supplies the 2 hydraulic motors, I need 2 servos that should work together to recreate the function on the real one. R/C controlled airplanes uses sometime a similar mix on steering and height control. The valve used is from HAWE and is compensated so needs very little force to move valve (in fact I will go on midi servos).

Have tried to upload pic with 640x480 size, (says it should be 280 in height, don´t know that format) but it only comes as thumbnails, any hint how to get them as big as other pictures on other threads??

Will post progress, but right now only playing with the 1:1 equipment ,see thread "americans in sweden".

Have a nice weekend (wishes I was together with my other swedish friends visiting the HCEA convention this weekend).

Dan