View Single Post
Old 11-16-2012, 06:09 PM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation
Default Re: Hauling Dirt out of my basement (present day)

A pile of fines in the SE corner (last yr this time it was a deep hole 6x3x4 feet). Quite a bit of this will go in behind the crib wall.

The last couple wks I have been cleaning out this dirt from under the west porch, this was wet dirt from the SW wall that I mined away last winter. Bone dry now & crush it into fines.

Haul that dirt over here so I can use my screener bucket, pile the screenings in the box and dump the lumps into the bellydump to haul to the crusher.

Using lil Red Freddybilt, fashioned up a tailgate lock from a paperclip, so now I can load 'er up & climb the wall without loosing half the load along the way.

Upgraded the radio in the JD850 today. Now I got sliders on each side of the tx to control the tracks (sweet control!) & I put my r/c quick coupler (manufactured by Azonic) back on (had to remove it when I built the screener bucket b/c I was out chs with the DX8). This radio has four proportional chs on the sticks, two 2pos, seven 3pos, two sliders & a knob. The rx is 9ch; a different device called X-Plus is needed to get the other 9chs. I don't need the X-Plus at this time. I'm using three of the 3pos switches for dual rates on the bucket, stick & swing. A 3pos switch & the knob are the only two chs not currently in use.

I built this bench 1.5 yr ago to elevate my stool when I was excavating the SW dirt wall, it has now become quite a handy temporary workbench to work on the JD850.

Getting pretty full of goodies under the hood - Sabertooth 2x25 for the tracks, Sabertooth 2x12 for the swing & screener bucket, Eflite 40amp esc for hyd pump, 2pos esc for the quik coupler, ect...

I wore out another Carson 4:1 box in my KH dump trk & pup, so today I put a 3:1 gear in the dual motor coupler. With the 4:1 I rarely used 1st b/c it was so slow! Now that it will be faster with 3:1 reduction, I changed radios from a DX6i to a DX7s (paired now with the Stahl wheel loader) to make use of the only 3pos switch for the trans. DX6i doesn't have a 3pos switch. These Spektrum radios are Awesomeness! Be it a different radio now, but still the same AR6110e rx.

Lots more lil giants to hit the workbench for repairs & upgrades.. gonna be a busy winter for fixing!

Joe