View Single Post
Old 04-25-2019, 07:01 PM
Green Horn

Wombii is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Scania airport fire truck

A logo would look good. There's going to be some boxes and ladders up there, so it should hopefully be able to blend in.

Glued the side panels on the tank module.
I had tried fixing some issues with one of the panels, but did a poor job. Tried to ignore it and glued it on anyway. After priming I eventually decided this would bother me, even though no one else would probably ever notice, so I spent some time ripping it off again and made a new one.

Painted the bottom black, sides yellow. The new paint cans look pretty good, but it's now super obvious that I'll have to repaint the rear section again because that can 3 was way too green. As a bonus a gust of wind sprinkled my newly painted side panel with grass, so I had to do a bit of sanding and paint it again. Tamiya gray primer for the sanding process then Tamiya white primer then yellow seems to work fine now.

I'm still struggling with the fiber optic light shining through the side walls of the pump module though.

This is after spraying primer - Tamiya silver - primer - yellow - yellow on top. It's still shining through, but much better. I've also painted the bottom half of the sides, gave the rear section another coat with the new can and moved the rear wheels again, hopefully for the last time.