View Single Post
Old 07-01-2015, 11:58 PM
Apprentice

Rakthi is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Scaleart - assembling an Arocs 8x8 roll on roll off kipper

Hi 1strodeo, kind of can't wait myself to see it finished. But I don't want to rush it either.

++++++++++++++++

This part is the roof and the visor. This also includes the sound module that gets attached to the roof. This is still with the SMX one, If you check the ScaleART on-line shop, the trucks being sold now are with the smaller SM7. Maybe that one can go under the cabin.

The usual picture of all the necessary bits (excluding the screws)

First I put the roof lights in. (This being an early production cabine, I had to enlarge the holes to fit the LEDs from 2mm to 3.5mm)

Then remove the lens from the mold (or whatever it is called) and test fitted. The visor opening needed to be filed a bit at an angle.

Having done this at both sides (hardly visible) time to attach the visor to its support.

Easiest is to start with the 2 in the middle and then do the ones at the corner. (the size of the nuts/screws make this one of those colourful language moments )

Shorten the screws and then tighten the nuts with the 2.5mm driver

Mixed some 2 component glue to fix the lenses for the LEDs

Applied with one of those dental tools with the fluffy bit cut off.

Whilst waiting for the glue to set, continue with the rest of this assembly

The roof hatch and its fastener. This is partly L shaped so the sound module can not shove forwards. Gets screwed together with 2 self tapping countersunk screws.

Followed by the sound module ... can't make up my mind how to install it ...

Can go in both ways ... will have a look see at the paperwork that came with the electrical package to see how and where all those cables end up. And I better find a way to organise them a bit too.

As for the visor ... the glue might be fast after 20 minutes, but it will take 72 hours for it to really set ... Bummer ... figure I better wait, I tried fitting it, but even after one hour the LED still succeeded in pushing the lens a bit out.

And yes, I filed the sharp ends of those screws.

Guess I will pass the time with sorting wiring, prepping back of cabin and starting on the seats and other interior parts.

Till next posting
Stephan