View Single Post
Old 11-28-2012, 07:19 PM
Dairyland trucker's right hand man.

dabears is on a distinguished road
Default Re: night hauler side marker lights

Ok i belive you are trying to acheive this?

If so i used port J15 on the MFU took a MFU lead from the globe i wasnt using happend to be a brown and yellow one...

I cut the stock wires about 6" from the plug and solderd new wires on i used brown to brown and a white with brown stripe to the yellow ( i use Cat-5/phone wire its small bendable and works great) the brown wire in this case is our possitive wire + and soldered that to the Poss of the first LED or the rounded side looking at the bottom of it (should have the longer post). take a seperate wire doesnt matter what color and solder it to the negative ( be sure to cut one long enough to run to next LED) like so

Then take the neg from LED 1 and solder it to the Poss + of LED #2. Take another wire and solder it to the neg like so

Now the neg lead from LED 2 ( i should mention the neg side of the LED is flat on that side when looking at the bottom) and solder it to the Poss to LED 3

Repeat soldering the neg from LED 3 to the Poss of LED 4
BUT this time the neg from LED 4 goes to your yellow wire from the MFU in this case being our white with brown stripe wire.

If done correctly you will then have this

Hope that was what you were looking for and it helped. If you run into issues just shoot me a PM and i can help walk you thru some more.