View Single Post
Old 01-21-2011, 09:51 PM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation
Default Re: Changing Hydraulic Oil

1: return line
2: pressure line

Don't disconnect any lines.

Remove the right side body, two screws in front, three in the back. Lots of wires connected to main switch, handle with care laying rightside body out of the way on a soft cloth.

Unscrew fitting #5 or #6.

Turn on radio, model & pump; raise boom to the top of it's travel.
Shut off pump.
I use a 12ml plastic syringe (10 cents @the ag store) with a 2inch long 14 guage (maybe bigger) needle to suck the oil out of the reservior.
Activate stick control on tx for bucket and by hand manually curl bucket back & forth to force the oil out to the reservior.
Suck used oil from reservior with syringe.
Do the same thing for the stick cyl, then suck out oil.
Lastly, the boom cyls, exhaust the oil out and suck with the syringe.
Now stuff some tissue under the reservior and twist & pull the reservior off the pump.
Wipe the inside clean with mineral spirits & tissue.
Using a wrench on the top of filter, unscrew the cap and remove the porous brass filter.
Wipe out filter can with mineral spirits soaked tissue.
Clean porous filter in a glass of mineral spirits. Blow dry with pressurized air.
Put filter back together.
Wipe a little bit of lithium grease on inside edge of reservior can and twist & push it back on pump.
Using a new syringe, load with fresh oil & fill reservior.
I like to use a 7.2v batt to run the pump slower while refilling the hyd system to keep oil foaming to minimum.
Turn on pump, raise boom, add more oil. Activate stick one way, add more oil, go back & forth a few times, add more oil.
Do the bucket.
Then do the boom with stick/bucket hanging over the table.
Replace fitting #5 or #6.
Replace the rightside body correctly.
Done.

Last edited by Lil Giants; 01-21-2011 at 09:56 PM. Reason: I always seem to forget a word or two.