Thread: Clubhouse?
View Single Post
Old 10-22-2012, 10:50 PM
Journeyman

rockNmayhem is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Clubhouse?

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungGunz View Post
I do agree that rubber is alot cleaner than dirt, but rubber is much better for shows since we will have to clean up at the end, but you cant really do "work" with the rubber. I feel dirt would be in our best interest, true, it makes a mess but we could actually work towards making roads, bridges, or whatever we want, because it has that packing ability. And since this would be a long term thing we wouldnt have to worry about cleaning up the dirt.

The space would be perfect, we wouldnt have nearly as many people each time and people would bring what they need, not all of their projects. Using the back wall as a "workshop/workbench" area would be plenty. Eventually we would make more than one level for the trucks increasing actual play area. I feel like at this show the space was used up so quickly, because first off, we didn't have a real game plan, so things were spread far apart to begin with, then we had tables set up all around which would be useable space in a club house.

I think $10-$20 would be unfair for paying members. Let me throw some numbers out there and see what you guys think. If a club member was paying $100 a month to be a member of the club they would pay out $1200 a year. Now if they made it to the club house one weekend of every month, they would be technically paying $50 a day to play. (this is most likely not true for most guys, since once a month isn't always feasible. Most likely some would be paying over $100 a day to play.) Personally I think it should be more expensive for non-members to play, that way we avoid guys coming and playing more than club members and still benefiting more since they don't have to pay dues. Also non-members wouldn't have to worry about buying the dirt, the club members would worry about that and that would be on top of the club dues. I think the whole idea behind a club is to have benefits that not everyone else has. I don't want people to think that i don't want them their if they aren't in the club, but it needs to be fair for everyone.
Hey J.D. I think you miss understood my comment earlier. I meant for the non members to have to pay to use the facility and I was just using myself as an example. If you are a club member paying dues there should be no extra fees to you other than a monthly due.

Also the fees from non members that pay to use the facility from time to time would be used towards paying bill such as added dirt, any extra unexpected bills or any upgrades that could be made to the area.

If a member is paying even $50 a month to use the facility and we had several members all extra income over the year could go into a club fund to help pay for things for large yearly events too that may produce more revenue for the facility as well.

Just what I was thinking, hope thats a little clearer?

Tyler