View Single Post
Old 10-24-2016, 12:48 PM
Journeyman

tracksntreadslou is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Logging & Construction Equipment

This week i have been trying to get the hydros buttoned up on the Pan ..did I ever learn alot ..I had went for the jung pump for the reason of the space that was limited in the front ..probably should have went with a scaleart system and gained a bit of room ...well i went with the pump and mount sold by magom ..I saw that magom has their pump direct drive and thought i could use a brushless motor I had kicking around for awhile with direct drive as well ..little did i know that this motor was rated at 1500 kv per volt ..??? if you dont know much about brushless this is probably an important topic ...After everything was all hooked up and ready to go pretty much nothing happened ..motor worked fine by itself but not enough torque..the brushless Magom uses is 470 kv per volt multiply that by 12 = 5600 rpm full out ..way overkill for these pumps even with half that rpm .I swapped that motor out for a bigger brushed motor and within a few minute it was way to hot turned the pump tho ..well i ended up hooking up the drill to the back of that motor to experiment and see what would happen ...after the fluid was bleed and all the system full things seemed to move ok ..running the drill at half throttle seemed like it was enough for all the functions to work fine ..drill is max at 1700 rpm ..i did blow a line off so that indicates i have good pressure ...i realy need to get myself a good gauge ..
.i looked at buying their slower brushless but they were out of stock ..thinking now there is a better solution if you want to run inline ..Planetary seems the way to go these days ..Premacon is using them and fumotec on their 490 .
Well i tried to find something that may bolt on ..nobody out there offers anything good ATM .maybe someone else can chirp in if they have found anything good available the will bolt up .Glider guys are using some and there are a few available ..one is a combo brushless geardrive for about $200 us that requires a 4S lipo..there is a few out their but nothing to just put in your cart and buy ..Premocon doesnt offer anything unless you buy the whole setup ..im thinking that I should email Magom and request them to start building them
The belt drive is ok is you have the room ..There is some sideways pull on the bearings tho ...not sure how much of a factor it has but it cant be good for the bearings
after almost a full day scouring the internet i decided that i would build my own ,,you can see the pics that i used the internals of a cordless screw driver ..seems to work ok but a little on the noisy side ..full of grease and going to cross my fingers ..sorry about the long winded post guys ..BTw thanks to joe and Reg for the well needed advice