View Single Post
Old 04-15-2021, 08:35 PM

dremu is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 1:10 10x10 "HEMTT" (actually M1074 PLS w/ M1076 trailer)

Quote:
Originally Posted by frizzen View Post
Nope, don't know anything about that.

I'm not suprised running the loading arm makes a lot more sence one direction, i've learned that my dragline crane is easier to explain and run from the Right side of machine.

Since you've got the basic Conex already, modding one into a CHU should be a pretty simple additional load to print.

Glad the machine passed the cat-scans.
You build really fast!
Sweet mini-me Fiero! At least you don't have the Indy go-kart. Or do you? There's those guys on Pennock's with three or more sizes of Fieros. Which is almost as bad as having multiple full-size ones. (I mean, they're fun, but keeping up on my one is enough for me!)

I looked at the CHU, but given the weight of the conex and its leverage, I'm not convinced I could make the CHU work in plastic. Seems like it would either snap the corner twistlocks off the conex, or just break the CHU. That's why I stuck with the flatrack and let gravity do the work.

Since then I've actually also built a reach stacker for the conexes (conexi?), but it's a combination of metal rods on roller bearings with printed bits, so as to carry the weight.

Also, the build was several months. Just looks easy with the summary writeup I have some free time these days, so I'm finally getting around to doing build threads vs. actually building.