Thread: New Project
View Single Post
Old 08-19-2020, 12:24 PM
Craftsman

jerry56 is on a distinguished road
Default New Project

Ok time to start a new project. Since I cobbled together a Tonka dump truck conversion as my first attempt at RC construction I figured I needed a tractor trailer to ... well haul things so here we go this is the start and again I'm kind of experminiting with different ways to do stuff and this one will have lights.. woohoo.

I plan on using a metal WPL running gear and cab but I'm going to sort of scratch build the chassis and stuff. I started with some 3/8 "U" channel that I got from HomeDepot or Lowes I don't remember which but I think they both have it. It's actually aluminum trim for the edge of 3/8 plywood cost less then $10 for a 4ft piece. The motor will be a 170rpm 57:1 gear motor, it's what I put in the dump truck and it will haul 5-6 lbs and I wanted to be able to pull at least that much weight around. It seems a little slow to me but I watch a ton of videos from Cabin Fever and such and it seems about the speed they cruise around at...as I progress I'll post more pictures....

Last edited by jerry56; 08-19-2020 at 09:12 PM.