Thread: New Project
View Single Post
Old 09-01-2020, 09:23 AM
Craftsman

jerry56 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: New Project

Well this one is about wrapped up...I didn't take a lot of pictures of the lights well because they looked like a 4yr old went nuts with a glue gun...
so I'll give an overview without the horror of pictures....
the front head lights I wired together in series then paralleled them in with the front parking lights to one connector. Then ran the tail lights in parallel to another connector, then made a "Y" cable to connect the two circuits to the switch. I had more connectors than I wanted but since the cab comes off I wanted to be able to disconnect the lights and leave the electronics in the cab.

I also painted the cab blue, not a great job though the texture of the JJRC cab is a rough texture and no matter how many times I primed and sanded the texture came thru... It felt smooth to the touch but not once it had paint on it....and the doors had some kind of contaminate on them cause I got fish eye on one and just a weird "swoosh" mark on the other... I got most of it out but it still looked sketchy ... but I went with it it looks good at twenty scale feet...