View Single Post
Old 12-05-2010, 07:04 PM
Fabrication and design , super moderator

ihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: IH5900i heavy haul tractor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzy View Post
Steve - those did come out nice! Were you able to dremel in the finer details??
Chris maybe later when I get the nerve they're so nice I don't want to mess them up and just a few feet away it be hard to see it any way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Espeefan View Post
Don't use CA. I think that will cloud the paint and metal. The metal could be polished, but the paint not as easily cleaned off. I'm thinking some sort of low tack glue. Maybe even something like a thin layer of rubber cement. Any excess could be pealed off. Then shot some clear coat over the top, and I think that would do it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzy View Post
I had tried double sided tape on my IH and it held for a while - but I bet my trim wasn't formed jsut right - yours is nice and flat to flat yes? maybe it would work for you???
Quote:
Originally Posted by td9clyde View Post
double sided sticky tape like in the window kits at walmart might be good yea i never thought about the clouding from the strong glue come to think of it i glued my metal parts when there wasn't any primer either sorry glad you didn't take my advise it woulda been bad
I may rough the underside and use the clear epoxy I used on my light trim on my 9370 dump . I just had to taped it on to see how it looked and get a pic put them back in the bag and in the carry crate till I get all the other items to finish the truck . now to find out who can print IH on a rubber mud flap I tried stenciling and look like poo

IHSteve

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.