View Single Post
Old 01-04-2011, 04:32 PM
Apprentice

D8R is on a distinguished road
Default Re: D8R +463 in 1/5,6

Finaly got the lower hydraulic tank made (did do the copper version 3 times and steel one time). This is made exactly to available space, still made as big as possible (more oil= lower temperature).

As you can see I´m a beginner in soldering (as everything else), there´s a little to much solder here and there but main focus was to get it tight. The tank is inside the frame and can not be seen from outside if starting leaking.

The suction hoses is not connected to pump neither is return hoses to outside tank and hose between the both tanks. Total volume will be 2,3 gallon. This is the main drawback of an hydraulic system, you need a lot of oil to keep temerature as low as possible (unless you have space for a cooling fan). But as you can see there´s not much space left, still engine, servos, muffler, fuellines....... missing.
I will most likely go for a Multiplex radio with feed back system, this will make it possible to see hydraulic temperature in radio control and have a warning level set.
To Espeefan and others, from my expirence now, this is the smallest possible size to use a hydraulic system. I think my D8R is among the biggest modeldozers right now, Dozernerd had an electrical driven D11 in 1:8 I think that´s equal or maybee a little bigger, but it was gasoline-electrical drive line.
Looking forward to the big day starting up but that´s still month´s away.
Within a couple of weeks the model will be dismantled and have frame sandblasted and painted.
Dan