View Single Post
Old 10-06-2019, 03:33 PM

agriRC is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Fully 3D printed John Deere 1/10 scratch build

The rear 3 point linkage is done. I am quite pleased how it turned out. Need to think of how to attach a PTO shaft now. I will probably just have a square drive and 2 grub screw to lock PTO shaft on place.

Draw bar is removable because when attachments are lowered the shaft will foul on the bar.

I realised that I need to install a spring system on the servo horn that controls the 3 point linkage. As normally hydraulics only lift the implement I want gravity (spring) to keep it lowered and moving up and down on the contours of the field surface. The same servo that operates the linkage will also operate a lever in the cab.

There will be gearing in the rear void to connect the motor to the PTO drive shaft. Actually still undecided whether to go belt or gear. Probably belt as its quieter though.

There is latches in the lower hooks to keep attachment in place. It is a bearing less design. May improve it to include bearings for next build.

I was curious to see what kind of view I will get from the runcam 2 camera in the cab. The wide FOV looks awsum. It looks a little fuzzy because the light is not good in my office.

This is screenshot. The runcam records in HD and sends a picture to the runcam app. I will build a holder on the controller for it. Eventually i will send video feed to FPV goggles.

As the camera will be pan and tilt I am tempted to add a peek axis. This means the camera will move left and right so I can look down the side of the bonnet. Ideal for ploughing.

There will be sum LEDs on the dash and my latest idea is to have a 128 x 64 pixel OLED screen in the cab. Basically an 'Isobus' system. This will show tractor and implement info. Will be cool to look at it from the FPV camera.

This build is turning into Farming simulator now Cant wait for first run.

PS I will clean my desk soon.