View Single Post
Old 06-08-2011, 12:26 AM
Green Horn

CustomRCmodels is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Indy Truck Show 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjackso5 View Post
Chris, there is a rolled rubber product that can be purchased in 5mm x 4' x 50' rolls. Depending on the amount of material needed this could be something to consider. Just thinking, if we needed 24" wide road we'd get 100' out of this, but if we only needed 18" wide roadway, then you'd potentially get 150' of road for the cost. This product can be purchased in black, then we'd have to add the stripes, etc. This product is durable, can be washed with a hose, and reused many times.

By the way, this is a simular product to that used for the "Truck Championships" in the UK recently. I had some correspondence with them about the material they used. The product that I decribed above is made in the USA from recycled rubber and carriers the LEED certification as well.

Anyhow, just a thought on the road question.

Thank you for your reply, that cleared up the question. My list was only to prompt a "check list" as you provided.

Thank you again, see you at Indy,

Jim
Jim
I looked at there videos and photos … seams to lay flat ok …. ( that road material ) ,
Even thought you can see that they also had some wrinkles here and there ,
but not as bad as we usually have it with that paper material .
The tar-paper would be actually not so bad if we could keep people from walking on it !
But it takes a bunch of tape to keep the stuff on the carpet …

How much is that rubber material and where to get it ?
What is it actually called? and what is it usually used for ?

If I know where to get it , I would order some of this stuff up front to give it a check-up before we end up getting a bunch of this stuff and it may doesn’t turn out to be so good ..
Since you wrote that it’s about 5mm thick ! , I would assume it has already some weight to it to more or less lay flat … then would be just the question , does any tape stick to it ?
rubber can be very slick …. But since these guys used it , it’s maybe not a bad idea ….