View Single Post
Old 10-06-2021, 07:22 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

frizzen is on a distinguished road
Default Harley Davidson motorcycle with Sidecar

Now for something, *completely* different.

Maisto makes some 1/18 scale motorcycles. Originally I was just planning to put one or two bikes in a shipping crate / pallet thing to be some forklift cargo... (bike and sidecar = double the cargo)

But then, I'd also been lurking on a another message board with RC Tanks, and saw a 1/14 scale Static to Rc converted WW2 messenger motorcycle with a sidecar to run around with during their battles.

A little while later, i order a Maisto 1998 Harley Davidson FLHT Electra-glide standard with a sidecar. Or it's a 1948 panhead FL? I dunno, guess the seller also found every Harley ever built looks the exact same as it leaves the factory. Anyway, it's got a sidecar, and i'm greater than half crazy.

With some tweaks

Mg90s continious-rotation modded servo drives it through the brass rod to rear wheel, even smaller 3.7g servo pushes a steering linkage that runs along bike frame top tube, under tank, up to fork. It can (barely) tuck a 2ch rx and a tiny battery pack in the sidecar.

I was looking for a driver to modify, make some kinda sidecar 'opening cover', camo the steer servo and driveshaft, maybe do some fancy paint? I like blackety-blackness like my heart, but a Harley isn't goth enough to be cool.

Then a virus hit, project ADD kicked in... I stole the RX for testing another project, and it's been on the shelf for about a year with other pending projects.
---
Stole the idea from these people
https://www.rctankwarfare.co.uk/foru...&hilit=Sidecar

Last edited by frizzen; 03-08-2023 at 01:42 PM.