View Single Post
Old 10-28-2021, 09:20 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

frizzen is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Harley Davidson motorcycle with Sidecar

Thanks jerry!
Harley bike, Harley trike, Harley-Davidson branded VW. Uh, so maybe *THIS* post is light on variety. I'm still suprised that a Clothing and Toy company builds Motorcycles.

What can i say, I like cars. I've really got to admire the amazing diversity of automotive passions people have! You've got to notice the passion, time, effort, and skills people have put into restoring or customizing the vehicles they like. It's a lot of fun pulling out a custom 'thing' that nobody expects to see done in RC. Plus personal Cars are a little more relateable to more people watching than the Semis, Excavators, Rock-trucks, Forklifts, Pilot-cars.

However, even though i appriceate a wide variety of custom stuff, I will still absolutely "throw shade" at some things: Super-fly (70s Pimp-mobiles), High-risers (lifted caprice on 20"+ wheels), SLABs (Elbow wheels), Neo-Classics (Tiffany Cougar, Zimmer), anything with a 'Carolina-Squat' (nose lift, dropped rear), 'big wheel bagger' motorcycles, and Loud-Piped motorcycles. If nothing else i'm glad you spent the time and effort to make me laugh at it. We can still hang out, but i AM going to pick on it.

I can't decide on a paint job for the black bike. Sure the Black on Black with Black can hide a lot of sins, but it just doesn't photograph well, and usually real vehicles look bad again 5 min after wash/waxing it. No Trailer Queens. Maybe like 2-tone scallops, panels, flames, just a fancy color, something with pinstripes...

If i were doing the trike already, it's easy. Frame stays black and parts get either Green/White with Sinclair logos, or Red/Black with Red Crown logos. This lets me use the decals off a 1/24 ford truck model kit. There are 1/18 gas pumps, and motivates an in-progress gas station build.

Last edited by frizzen; 11-08-2021 at 09:05 PM.