View Single Post
Old 08-23-2010, 09:18 PM
Out of control

fhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud of
Default Re: Transmissions & Transfer Boxes for 6x6

Yes I have the RC4WD 3 speed in in my all wheel drive dump I only have it becase I traded a guy who wanted a better ESC for his VTA car. If I were to rate it on a buying scale it would be at the bottom. Before any one says any thing it is a realy nice trans but it is to expensive for the other options out there and it also requires a high torque servo to shift it. The trans is only AWD in first, second and third is rear only this could be a + or - depending on what you want. here is a pic of the truck.

Another alternative is the tamiya 3 speed and an axial trans as a transfer case this is good becase the axial also works as a 3:1 GRU here are some pics of my set up in my Mack.

Another option I used was the RC4WD R2 and an axil trans this was due to lack of room in the cab for the trans and the trans ended up over top of the front drive axle so I need ed a way to get the power to the front axle and the speed of this truck is perfect as well as the power.Her are some pics of this set up.

I hpoe this helps
Travis.

RIP FreddyGearDrive 2-12-59/12-19-11