View Single Post
Old 05-31-2011, 01:35 AM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation
Default Re: Hauling Dirt out of my basement (present day)

I made the rollers. The top crush roller is #60 sprockets (one on each end) with 5/8 rod welded to it, I machined a steel shaft in my lathe to fit the weld-on sprockets & turned the ends down to 3/4 inch to fit the bearings. I also laid down 1 inch long beads of weld on the 5/8 rod, staggered to help grip the "lumps" & pull 'em in.

The bottom roller is 3 inch steel shaft, ends turned down to 3/4 inch to fit the bearings. And again, beads of weld the length of the roller, spaced half inch apart to give the roller some grip.

The Spektrum programming is the BOMB Scott, it's so easy that a caveman could figure it out!

I'll do both loaders & dozer in the near future (waiting on some goodies to come from RobotMarketPlace), but not the Stahl excavator as I need max oil flow continually the entire time it's in use. And also, I don't want to give up my F14 tray radio that I use with this excav, I really like how it feels in my hands for thumbs control.... although, Spektrum now has a tray radio, the DX10, that might be perfect for an excav tx.

The 850 needs an esc to power up the brushless pump motor anyway and I have a DX8 radio for this model, so I may experiment with mix on this hoe... but it's likely I'll have the pump run near to it's capacity all the time anyway for more precise movement & control. I've practiced for yrs to always keep the cyls moving so little to no oil flow is deadended thru the relief valve.

It's a "why didn't I think of that?!" idea Emil. That's a slick way to run these minature hydraulic systems to conserve amperage and wear & tear!