View Single Post
Old 02-28-2012, 02:01 AM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation
Default Re: Hauling Dirt out of my basement (present day)

I've been burning up the charges the last 3 nights carving away at the wall.. by the time it's time to leave the wall to deal with the dirt below, I'll be driving off - down the pile, not far from the floor now!

Although, time for a little bit of service at end of shift tonite, this track got clogged up with packed clay inside the links causing some binding issues. A few times, the way the track was twisting over the idler & drive sprocket I thought it was on the brink of skipping off! The excessive tightness in the track doesn't fiz on the torque of the drive motors at all.. oodles of power with these new track drives!

Soak the track in the kitchen sink for ten minutes melts the clay away.

The other track still on the machine, I dripped a bit of blue lock-tite on each wrist pin when upgrading to the new track drives last November, they're all still in place. This side the pins are sliding out.. looks like experiment is a success.. although I haven't tried knocking any of them pins out that lock-tite'd , shouldn't be a problem with some force!

Third time was the charm trying to solder my leaky cylinder, the laquer thinner was the culprit for the solder balling up & falling off. Once I washed the cylinder down with brake/electrical cleaner, then the solder flowed no problem and I used my acetylene/oxygen with the smallest tip for the heat source.. several hrs later & it's still not leaking!

I got a few other pieces sitting on the bench waiting for me to tear down for repairs.. the dozer, right track frame popped off drive motor, probably in need of a new machined mount.

The GL dump trk, I think the middle axle might have a tooth missing in the crown gear, something is clicking causing a skip or maybe it's the rear axle.. 50/50/90 Rule - what's the wager I tear down the wrong axle 1st?!

Joe