View Single Post
Old 12-13-2011, 02:31 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Espeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Espeefan's slow motion Peterbilt Heavy Hauler build

Hi Arioch,

Unfortunately, I have no updates to share yet. Not on the truck anyway. I have, however, purchased my own benchtop milling machine now. It's not as big as the Bridgeport I was using, at work, in my free time, but for the smaller sized parts I want, I think (hope) it will be useful. I'm working on getting it all set-up at the moment. I would like to have it running by Jan. 2012. This build might make it back to the main burner soon enough. I was relocated, at work, to a different facility, so I lost access to the Bridgeport mill, and I got tired of waiting for a chance to continue with this build, so I pulled the trigger on my own mini-mill instead. It has proven to be a significant investment, but it should pay for itself, if I can get it all dialed in. Everything I made, was with a manual mill. CNC would be nice, but I'm not ready for that yet. I have found some CNC conversion kits for my new mill. Maybe for the future.