Thread: RCP Compound
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2015, 09:11 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

RCP57 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: RCP Compound

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyathome View Post
your not wrong, a mate got a new 4 stroke YZ $14000NZ, two years later sold it for $5000 and it was still like new...

Im getting too old ( don't heal fast enough )for my YZ 250 but I cant say enough for the WR450, tones of power ,battery start and Its road legal here in NZ .

cheers andy
Yeah I was looking at the Aussie and NZ websites and saw the pricing there. It's funny how they sell things in different markets though. The bike I just bought is more money there retail but they sell it with a "race kit" that includes a larger front rotor, rear sprocket, after market pipe and some other goodies. I guess that offsets the pricing difference but I'm sure a lot of people would rather the bike just be $900 cheaper.lol You guys have a lot of off-road models that are road legal there too like your WR. They sell the same bike here minus the blinkers and there is no way to insure it for road use.LAME! I have a WR250R and that is all that Yamaha offers for a decent dualsport. Having a WR250F or WR450F road legal would be way more fun! My last bike was 9 years old, had 74hrs on the meter and looked like I bought it two months ago. I hope to ride this one more but like you, I am too old to be spending much time on the ground. I'm stiff in all the wrong places and out of breath just thinking about it.lol Gotta get back in a groove before I'm too old to do anything but build toys.