View Single Post
Old 05-31-2022, 10:08 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

frizzen is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Ford Custom Deluxe station wagon - 1950 Woody

Jerry, I don't think i'd seen those wheels. What rubber do they use?

Wait, so frizzen went off that much about the VW bus and Surfing connection and all that, but now you specifically get a Surfer-car??? And you're going to leave the surfboard??? Yes. My dad used to build 1/24 model cars, one of his favorites that he was most proud of was a '50 Mercury woody wagon. This one reminded me of that. Besides, most of the 'car shows' that pander to 1950s cars are more about trying to Cosplay someone elses childhood anyway.

This body is a thin steel-bodied "home decoration" made of spotwelds. (UDL made in china T-400)
It specifically says "This is not a toy". So we must remember when anyone is driving the wagon they will be Operating telecommand of model craft. Not playing!

We're using a 1/16 Jada Hyper-charger donor because stuff easily unscrews from chassis to break into Pods. Steering axle is a pod, drive axle pod. This way Car interior can stay full depth.

Once i got the axles cut out, the rear seat trims and unfolds up into a cargo cover. Some JB Weld starts getting added to strengthen joints so i don't ruin paint trying to touch up welds

Plan right now looks like Battery pack, esc, and rear axle will tuck in back. Should be able to run esc lead through gap between interior sidewall and body. Rx, servo, front axle will tuck up front. Probably throw a model-on pilot warm white or amber Dashboard Light to help see the way getting to Paradise.

Last year i had media blasted 2 of these Poverty Caps, these other 2 i only hit with a wire brush and a few swipes on sandpaper before gluing to rims. I'm not sure if my favorite parking space at beach has more ocean exposure, or if we're keeping the curb-side more presentable for Going to town?

Last edited by frizzen; 06-01-2022 at 07:12 PM.